We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there enough to do?

Kingsteignton...
Level Contributor
94 posts
440 reviews
Save Topic
Is there enough to do?

Hi

I am thinking of staying in Dubrovnik for 2 weeks this August, is there enough to do for day trips or will we spend all of our time in Dubrovnik, like to visit with only a few hours in the sun

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there enough to do?

2 weeks is a long time to stay in one place but as it's Dubrovnik,you might be okay.The old town is a place that will keep drawing you back,day after day,to see the sights,walk the city walls etc.There are numerous day trips available,Mostar in Bosnia & Herzogovina,Kotor bay in Montenegro,Cavtat close by to Dubrovnik,the islands etc.You can go to Split by public bus & spend a night there

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there enough to do?

If you like to spend a little time at the beach everyday and then explore the area for a couple of hours each afternoon, there will be enough to keep you busy with a couple of day trips added in. Montenegro and Mostar are very popular and make great day trips. You might also want to visit the Elafiti islands and maybe the Peljesac Peninsula if you like wine tasting. If you haven't booked your entire 2 weeks yet in Dubrovnik yet, then you might also want to consider splitting your stay between Dubrovnik and one of the islands. Perhaps a week or 10 days in Dubrovnik (with day trips) and then a few days on Korcula.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
11,035 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there enough to do?

i would split it all up and get to see the beautiful country of Croatia...it has so many different things to offer. istria, the islands and of course, dubrovnik.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,263 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there enough to do?

I love Dubrovnik, but I wouldn't want to stay the entire two weeks here. Croatia has so much more to offer and I would move on to other places. There are so many places with three or four hours- from other nice coastal cities to beautiful island places.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there enough to do?

In two weeks you should definitely see the rest of the country! See islands of Korcula and Hvar, Split, NP Krka and Plitvice, zagreb and Istria!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there enough to do?

I totally agree with Morlaque, visit some of the islands and work your way up the coast. Dubrovnik is a small town, 2 weeks is way too long to stay here.

7. Re: Is there enough to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik