We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel prices

Quebec City
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel prices

I was thinking about a trip to Dubrovnik in June.

I was very surprised to see hotel prices.

I just cannot afford that much for an hotel, specially for a week.

Are there any affordable places in Dubrovnik?

Jacques Morel

Canada

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel prices

you could consider apartments,booked either directly with the owner or through a booking site like ownersdirect

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,845 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel prices

Dubrovnik is the most expensive area of the Dalmatian coast. However, apartments can be very reasonable or look around for hotel deals. If you go after 15th June you are however going in the peak season. if you stay outside the old city such as Lapad or Gruz it is cheaper.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel prices

Try dubrovnikapartmentsource.com

There are lovely apartments, some inside the old city (Espana Barcelona. for example) which are a better bargain than hotels which charge per person.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,390 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel prices

Yes try to find an apartment. They will be much much cheaper and that will still give you the opportunity to experience Dubrovnik. What is your budget limit for a room?

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel prices

Unless you can afford the Hilton, Excelsior, or Bellevue, private apartments are the way to go in Dubrovnik. There are lots of nice apartments in the Old Town and in Ploce, which is just outside of the Old Town and has views of the sea. www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com is a good website for apartments and you will also find lots of independant apartment reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,152 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel prices

Best resource for Dubrovnik vacation rentals directly from the owners. Do not hesitate to bargain.

dubrovnik-online.com/english/private_accommo…

Quebec City
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel prices

Thanks to all of you who replied to my question about accommodations in Dubrovnik. It is for sure more affordable in apartemements.

I would rather save on accommodations in order to have a longer stay.

Thanks again,,,

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel prices

One of the benefits of an apartment is that you have breakfast on your schedule. We were a few minutes walk from the daily farmers market. We loved our figs, fresh eggs, wild mountain asparagus, local bread from a bakery...and, i had coffee in bed every morning!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,844 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel prices

quebec moose, love the name...try simply angelic apartments, we just loved the quietness of the apt. and if you google it, the pictures are just as it looks. in a quiet garden, and the view...

10. Re: Hotel prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2010, 05:37