We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

Hey guys, me and my husband will be on a cruise and go to dubrovnik for 10:30 am to 6:30 am. What should we do in that time?

we think to take a tour with the royal caribbean which is walking the city walls & maritime museum or maybe Panoramic Dubrovnik and city tour by couch, we still dont know. We should take a tour or is better to going by your self?

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

We have traveled extensively, and personally have an aversion to tour groups; in general, the group takes up a lot of space, the leader is loud and in competition with other tour leaders, and overall, the effect is very off-putting. In Dubrovnik, there can be 20 or so groups at a time; not a pretty sight. My recommendation would be that you get a guidebook, get into the old city before the crowds, walk the city walls at leisure, and spend the rest of the day happily taking in the sights. Lunch on the harbour, again before the crowds, can allow you a couple of hours of people watching in a spectacular setting. Dubrovnik is safe, a friendly city, and a feast for the eyes. I hope you have a wonderful time, as we always do.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

I think it is better to go by yourself just to get away from the large crowd. But, I would suggest that do both the city walls and Srdj Hill. If you are going later in the summer, then the new cable car should be open and you can ride that from the Old Town up to Srdj Hill. If it is not yet open when you visit, maybe you can ask a taxi driver to take you to Srdj Hill on your way into the Old Town from the port.

I would also leave time for a coffee or drink on the Stradun and maybe lunch at an Old Town restaurant. If you have extra time you can take the short ferry ride from the Old Town to Lokrum island, but that might be squeezing too much into 1 day.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

thank you so much guys, i appreciate your help, we will go by ourselves, could you please help me again with any link where i could find a dubrovnik city map? than you!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

You will find the best city map at the following location. It is 2 sides so make sure you print both.

Do know that the Dubrovnik tourist bureau website is a very good research tool. It has valuable information regarding our town.

tzdubrovnik.hr/data/…20Grada_2008.pdf

5. Re: What to do in a few hours in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 06:23