We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tasting

belfast
2 posts
Save Topic
wine tasting

i would like to do a wine tasting day tour when on my holiday in dubrovnik could someone suggest the best one to do and how to go about booking, also anyother good trip suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Dubrovnik Shore Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours, Walking Tours
Dubrovnik Day Tours
City Tours, Film & TV Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Adventure Dubrovnik
Multi-day Tours, Bike Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Kayaking & Canoeing, Equipment Hire
Dubrovnik Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings
County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine tasting

Hi

If you click on the link below you'll find all the previous threads on wine tasting.Have a read through them & you should be able to find what you're looking for

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/SearchForums?ff=1555&geo=295371&scope=2&q=wine+tasting&returnTo=__2F__&sub-search.x=11&sub-search.y=10

For other trips i always recommend Mostar,Montenegro & a half day in Cavtat,preferrably on a sunday which gives you the opportunity to see the Cilipi folklore show first before the short journey from there to Cavtat

Belfast
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wine tasting

Hey Ro- Dog

I suggest you avoid the vineyard trips - u don't want to have to look after your three mad friends!! ;-)-- have fun!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wine tasting

If you have enough time, you can drive the Peljesac wine road and visit our local "Mali Plavac" grape vineyards. I just returned a few days ago and did the wine tasting trip with friends. You must be very clear that a designated driver is a requirement since there is a very low tolerance for driving and drinking. I did also check to see if D'Vino had reopened yet, but it seems to still be closed and there are no other wine tasting bars in Dubrovnik. Do check with the tourist bureau as there are several wine tours to Peljesac. Enjoy your time in Dubrovnik.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine tasting

For wine tours, Dubrovnik is a great area offering vineyards both in Konavle and Peljesac peninsula. You can also visit Korcula Island famous for several indigenous wines. I recommend private trip as that provides far best experience.

Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wine tasting

Hi,

If your in the old town, try wine bar Dvino. It has a lot of wines from all over the local region. Tripadvisor says it it closed, but it is 100% not.

Ask for Rob or Sasha.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: wine tasting

Just found out last night that D'Vino is open again, thank goodness. It is a lovely place to visit for wine tasting in the old town.

Also as Morlaque has mentioned, the vineyards on the Peljesac peninsula are a must. By doing a private tour, one can take advantage of our local wines and not worry about the driving. Remember Croatia has a very low tolerance for drinking and driving. Enjoy your time in Croatia.

7. Re: wine tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 11:01
8. Re: wine tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik