We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

York, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

We are planning to spend a week in Dubrovnik from 9 October. We'd like to do some day trips to the islands, Mostar or Montenegro. Are these trips still likely to be running at this time of year?

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
335 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

Hi

We've stayed in Dubrovnik later in October than you. We went on an excursion to Mostar and there were other excursions and various trips running out to the islands. There will be local ferries running anyway so you could do your own trips out to some islands.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

If there are no convenient excursions then, you can always hire a driver to Mostar or Montenegro. I strongly recommend Pepo Klaic (pepoklaic@yahoo.com). He was a very friendly, very knowledgeable guide and a safe driver! He is highly recommended in the Rick Steves Croatia guide and I have to agree that Pepo was well worth it for a trip to Medjugorje and Mostar. (If I had had more time in Dubrovnik, I would've hired him for a drive into Montenegro and the Bay of Kotor. Next time!)

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

yes, don't worry there will still be trips to Mostar and Montenegro.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

There should still be some organized trips running, but if not you can always hire a private guide or rent a car. A rental car for the day is usually cheaper if you are comfortable with driving and navigating in a foreign country. Of course you will get a lot more information if you have a tour guide.

York, England
Level Contributor
42 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

Thank you all very much for your helpful replies. It will really help with planning our holiday. The suggestion about hiring a driver is not one I had thought of but will certainly consider.

6. Re: October in Dubrovnik - will day trips still be running?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2011, 05:18