We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

Oxford
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

Thinking of going to Montenegro for a 1 day trip, would anyone recommend dubrovniktraveltours dubrovniktraveltours.com/dubrvnik-montenegro…

or is there a better company? we don't mind what day we go just want to use the most practical and reliable one. Many thanks

boston
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

We just did a day trip to Montenegro yesterday ...but we just rented a car and drove. If that's an option for you i would recommend it b/c you have the flexiblity of stopping anywhere you like. also, if you want to go all the way from Kotor ...its at least a 2.5 hr ride ...so keep that in mind since a day trip would involve at least 5 hours in a car/bus. HTH.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

I don't know anything about dubrovniktraveltours.com but I just had a look at their website. Their contact phone number is in Poland and in their "About Us" they say they are the largest Dubrovnik travel company. I really doubt that is true considering what they offer on their website. Maybe they are the biggest Dubrovnik travel company in Poland? I think you could find a better company recommended through the TA forums. One good one is Florio Car (www.dubrovnikcars.com). You'll also find a lot of other recommendations if you search for Montenegro tours on this forum.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

Whatever you decide re who will take you, the place to go is Kotor. Fantastic scenery in that area.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

CaliCourtney is correct, this company is not even based in Croatia. They certainly are not the largest Croatian travel company, as mentioned probably only in Poland. You could end up on a trip with a Polish speaking guide. We have many local companies here in Dubrovnik which will take you to Montenegro. Our largest companies are Atlas Tours and Elite Tours and they are Croatian tour companies and based in Dubrovnik.

5. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 14:06
Edited: 09 December 2010, 14:06
Sanya, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

You can do the Montenegro day trip from Dubrovnik on your own via public bus. There is a bus station in Kantafig, near the northern approach and the Tudjman bridge. The bus station is just 5minutes walk from the seaport.

From the bus station, you can take a daily bus leaving at 11AM to the Montenegro cities of Herceg Novi, Bar, Kotor, and Budva. To get back to Dubrovnik in time, just check the bus schedule when you arrive for the return timing of the bus.

Herceg Novi, Perast, Kotor and Budva are worth dropping by. I would recommend staying overnight in one of these cities if you can afford the time, so that you don't have to rush through the cities. Each city has characteristics of its own.

Have fun!

St. Louis
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

Just got back and did day trips to Bosnia and Montenegro with

www.vacationindubrovnik.com. I would highly recommend them! It was great! Tell them the 3 from St. Louis recommened you.

8. Re: Day trip to Montenegro from Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 05:16