We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help- dubrovnik for a week!

london
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
help- dubrovnik for a week!

Hi, any advice would be much appreciated,. my husband and i are going to dubrovnik mid october for 7 days, we have no idea of what to do and need to book hotels. any itenary planning would be most welcomed. thinking of doing day trip to montenegro but dont know what else to do. help!!!

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

It's a very general question so I think you will have to do some more research on your own and then ask more specific questions to get answers here. But, in general in October I recommend staying in or close to the Old Town. It won't be too crowded because the cruise ship arrivals will have thinned out a little by then. Good day trips from Dubrovnik are to Montenegro, Mostar, the Elafiti islands, and maybe Korcula if you don't mind a long day trip.

If you can give us a better idea of your interests and usual hotel choices (3 star, 4 star, etc) then I'm sure TA members will be able to give you some advice.

Mentioned in this post
The Old Town
The Old Town
309 Reviews
Ulcinj, Montenegro
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
Mostar
Mostar
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Sanya, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

My suggestion for your 7 days in Dubrovnik:

Day 1 Dubrovnik

Walk and explore Stari Grad (old town). Walk around the City Wall.

Day 2 Dubrovnik

Take a walk outside old town. Take a public bus (no 6, if I remember correctly) to Bosanka (village on the high point to look down on to Dubrovnik - there are a few good spots for photo-shoot of Dubrovnik. Take your time to hike up to the Cable Car station (can take up to 2 to 3 hours, depending on how often you stop to take pictures). Take cable car down.

Day 3 Dubrovnik - Kotor, Montenegro

Take a bus from the bus station in Kantafig, near the northern approach to Montenegro. There is also a daily bus leaving at 11AM going to the Montenegro cities of Herceg Novi, Bar, Kotor, and Budva. I would suggest staying at Kotor. Explore Kotor (and Kotor Stari Grad) on foot.

Day 4 Coastal Cities of Montenegro

Take bus from the Kotor Bus station to explore the other coastal cities in Montenegro such as Perast, Herceg Novi and Budva. Each has characteristics of its own.

Day 5 or 6 Montenegro - Dubrovnik

Take bus back to Dubrovnik.

Day 7 Dubrovnik

Free and easy.

If you have time, I would suggest visiting Hvar Island, which is about a 4hr ferry ride from Dubrovnik.

Recommended place to stay in Dubrovnik:

Hostel - Rooms ANA

OLD TOWN

Kovacka 4, Dubrovnik

anadbk@hotmail.com

www.dubrovnikapartments-ana.com

I can't remember the name of the place I stayed in Kotor but you can check with the travel agencies in Kotor Stari Grad when you arrive at Kotor. They will help you look for rooms within your budget.

Have fun!!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik Cable Car
Dubrovnik Cable Car
9,913 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi Municipality, Montenegro
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Hvar Island
Hvar Island
Split-Dalmatia County, Croatia
Old Town
Old Town
13,901 Reviews
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,319 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

Lucky you. I second having an apartment rental...try dubrovnikapartmentsource.com We stayed in the apartment Espana Barcelona in April and could not have been more pleased. I'd also suggest you rent a car and drive to Ston and Mali Ston. The drive is lovely, the peninsula interesting with fabulous oysters and great wineries. it's an easy all day trip.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
54,500 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

I think a day trip to Mostar in Herzegovina would be a great idea and I also think five nights in Dubrovnik and a couple in Korcula would be something to consider.

Mentioned in this post
Mostar
Mostar
Herzegovina-Neretva Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Korcula Island
Korcula Island
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
12,757 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

Have a look at my Dubrovnik trip report and photographs (see link below), will hopefully give you some ideas :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k3…

Enjoy Croatia!

Mentioned in this post
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
6. Re: help- dubrovnik for a week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 05:19