We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Dubrovnik

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Dubrovnik

Wondered if anyone could suggest a hotel in Dubrovnik for a short 4 day stay for 4 ladies in April. We don't mind walking or getting buses but guidance as to a good location would be appreciatedl. Would we be better in the Old Town itself or outside? Any comments/suggestions gratefull received.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

Excelsior or Hilton are 5 stars and just outside the Old Town. Both are great. See if Stari Grad 3* is something that would interest you as it is within the walls. Most other hotels are not within walking distance although you can check 5 star hotel Bellevue as one of the nicest hotels in Dubrovnik and only about 15-20 minutes walk from the center. These would be my first choices

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

Thank you very much. I will check the hotels you have mentioned out. I have been checking and people have mentioned the Hotel Lapad, the Rixos and also the Excelsior - do you know them? Is Ploce an area that would be good? Any suggestions for 'not to miss' tours and things we should def see? Thx again.

UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

Sorry -= just realised you mentioned the Excelsior and I asked abt it - oops.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,004 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

If you would like to stay in old town, there are several nice apartments for rent inside the city walls. When I visited Dubrovnik in September last year I stayed in old town and really enjoyed it.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,209 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

Morlaque is correct, Hilton or Excelsior are your best choices as they are very close to the old town. Views from the Excelsior are fantastic and the Hilton is just outside the Pile gate entrance a few short steps.

I live very close to the Bellevue and it takes only 15 minutes to walk to the old town, also an excellent choice.

san francisco
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

I stayed in Hotel Stari Grad in Old Town and recommend it if you don't mind steep staircases and shelling out around $300/night. It's primary advatage is a rooftop area with a view of Old Town that captures its beauty while keeping you above the touristy fray.

7. Re: Hotel in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2012, 07:21