We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

Hi,

travelling to dubrovnic in september with girlfriends and one is a bit of a fussy eater ,while the rest of us love to sample local food. We go away every year and its a challenge finding places that cater to both. Any recommendations, we are staying in the old town and dont mind the cost as long as they serve great food with lots of choice for us and preferable pasta for my mate !!!!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,452 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

there are cafes everywhere that would have something for most anyone. the local food is great, most of it being italian. does your friend like pizza? croatia has great pizza. and if you like vege food (husband doesn't, but said this was one of his best meals), try nishta in old town. i may have spelled it wrong, but surely someone will come on here and correct me!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

Charley, you spelled it right. Did you know that the word "nishta" translated means Nothing.

I would venture to say that almost every restaurant does offer pasta. It is pasta noodles with tomato sauce, no meat unless you request "dirty macaroni." You can also request grilled veggies, also can find that at most places.

Want to read about some of the food in Dubrovnik, then visit my blog and you will find a couple of different posts about food.

Please this blog is not advertising, it is my views of Dubrovnik as an Croatian/American who has retired here.

www.essenceofdubrovnik.com

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

Hi Lynsky, do you mean fussy over the quality or the ingredients ?

I am very fussy over the quality.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

"Sesame" - just outside the Pile gate . has some interesting dishes

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

Most restaurants in Dubrovnik have a similar menu that includes grilled meat, grilled fish, pasta, pizza, and a few other dishes. Your fussy eater friend shouldn't have a problem finding something just about everywhere you go.

6. Re: recommended restaurant for fussy eaters,old town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 12:16