We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport options to get to split

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
192 reviews
Save Topic
transport options to get to split

What are name of the bus companies in Dubrovnik. I like to get to Split from Dubrovnik?

thanks

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport options to get to split

Hello all Here is an update to what i need. i am having a hard time trying to find bus schedules etc to get to Split

I need an early morning buts to get to Split on Sept 24 2011

to start a island cruise.

What i need is options to know of how to get there in reasonable time, seems the airlines fly all over and nothing direct to this city.

What do you all know about the train and bus options, please send me links if u find any? thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,059 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport options to get to split

I think the following Libertas schedule should help... looks like they start each day at 5 am.....

http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,059 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transport options to get to split

By the way..there are no train options.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport options to get to split

Here is some information that another person gave me when I asked how to get to Trogir from Dubrovnik that you might find helpful: The trip to Trogir takes half an hour longer than the trip to Split from Dubrovnik. I find the Split bus station website useful to check how long each bus takes so I can get a fast one. You can work out Dubrovnik TO Split and then Trogir FROM Split - the times and bus-stops will let you know if it is one that goes onto Trogir which is preferable as you would have to pay for any luggage again if you change bus. http://www.ak-split.hr/EN/index.html is the site - click on Timetable, then Departures to Split and a date (only does up to a month ahead). Look for buses that take as close to 4 hours as possible. Make a note of the companies, then look at Departures from Split for the same date and 5 minutes or so after the arrival of the first one. I've always found them to be the same bus.

5. Re: transport options to get to split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:16