We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

So I have a trip planned to Europe in Oct/Nov and I was planning on going to Switzerland, Italy, Croatia & Montenegro. I thought we would be able to take a ferry to Croatia and after just researching I realized there is not a ferry that runs between the two Italy and Croatia in November and now I have no idea how to get there. Any suggestions? I don;t wanna take the trains cause that is sooo far. Is there a ferry? Anyone have any idea how I could get there?

Crap, this really messed up my plans!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

You can't take a train any time of year, as trains do not go to Dubrovnik.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

My flippant thought would be to recommend dropping Italy, substitute Slovenia for Switzerland (if you want beautiful Alpine scenery) and focus more on Croatia. (Actually, the Slovenia recommendation is not flippant. It's a beautiful country, very different from Croatia, but very similar to it at the same time.)

Could you re-order your destinations? The ferry between Dubrovnik and Bari, Italy, runs until the end of October. And you might want to check the Europe-based discount airlines (EasyJet, RyanAir) to see if they fly between any spots in which you might find yourself. Other than that, your options might be bus, rental car, and full-fare airline.

Edited: 06 May 2011, 06:02
Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

Right. I realize that. You can take it to a point and then busses. So the ferries stop in Oct huh? Good to know.

Edited: 06 May 2011, 06:05
Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

I'm not sure if you're Croatian trip only includes Dubrovnik but the ferry from Ancona (Italy) to Split (Croatia) runs throughout the year, in the summer it runs every day, in the winter it runs three days per week.

You have two ferry company which ply the route, www.blue-lineferries.com (here is the timetable link : http://www.blueline-ferries.com/passengers/routes-and-timetables/) and www.jadrolinija.hr

Missoula, Montana
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

No, we were planning on just heading over to dubrovnik because we thought it would be easiest. Split would be great didn't know that was available!! Would we just bus it to dubrovik then cause we would really like to make it there. Thanks for your insight, this is sooooooo helpful!!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Kotor
Level Contributor
856 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

try croatia airlines website, they have direct flight Rome-Dubrovnik

7. Re: Rome to Dubrovnik in November?!?! How do I get there???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 14:18