We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

We are staying in private accomodation for 4 evenings as it works out much cheaper. However, can we get into other hotels to sunbathe? Don't mind if have to pay a few pounds. Thanks :)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Have a look at this recent post :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k4…

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Thanks for the reply :) Not quite what i was looking for.. sorry should explain further what we are looking for. My husband enjoys a spot of fishing and i'm thinking more if there was a hotel (Neptun etc) that he could fish from the rocks below whilst i sunbathe around the pool? Thanks :):)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

I suggest you send them a e-mail and ask them. Good luck!

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Just another query as i've been reading quite a bit on Dubrovnik and your name pops up, so you seem tuned into the area :):).. are there any waterfalls/national parks nearby? would love to see Krka or Plitivce but thinking they are both too far out? Any other suggestions? Looking somewhere to take good pictures.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Plitvice Lakes is stunning and is definitely worth a visit. Unfortunately, it is a long way from Dubrovnik. If driving I recommend a overnight stay. Have a look at the following posts :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k3…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g303827-i7176-k4…

May be interested in my photographs as well :-

https:/…

Have a look at the following link which outlines some of the excursions from the Dubrovnik area :-

www.atlas-croatia.com/en2/index.php…

May be interested in my Dubrovnik trip report with photographs as well :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k3…

Hope this helps.

Edited: 17 July 2011, 17:44
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

I do not know of any waterfalls near Dubrovnik and Krka and Plitvice are too far out of the way in my opinion. There is a neat waterfall in nearby Herzegovina called Kravice but you would have to cross a border to get here. It would take a couple of hours driving to get there. Not sure that is something you would want to do though.

www.youtube.com/watch…

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

First you need to find out if your husband needs a fishing license. Next you must contact the hotels and find out if they would allow someone to fish from their area. I find it a bit difficult to believe that it would be possible if they have guests who are swimming in the sea next to someone fishing.

Dubrovnik itself is a piece of art, no need to look any further for good photo opportunities. No there are no waterfalls near here.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Welshtraveller, some fantastic info there. I am going to read all your info now - looking forward to reading it :). Had a look at your pictures, wow, fabulous. I will definately be wanting to return to Split/Plitivce/Krka next year for sure!!!

Thanks again Barry, i did already notice the Kravice waterfalls in Bosnia but don't seem as breaktaking as the other waterfalls so don't think 'worth the drive'.

Thanks Dubrovnik. I understand what you are saying but maybe i haven't explained it well. In the likes of Neptun, it seems you can walk down around the rocks and hopefully hubbie could fish from there, away from the sunbathers/swimmers. I'm hopeful for some great pictures. Thank you :)

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Welshtraveller, just read your reports and looked at your 84 pictures! All look stunning. Can't wait to get the camera shooting now. Thanks for sharing :):)

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,870 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you get into hotels for free/pay?

Your welcome, have a fantastic time!