We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buza.. is this the normal?

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Buza.. is this the normal?

I have watched a few You Tube videos on 'Cafe Buza'.. the 'bar built into the walls and have same numerous people 'rock jumping'. I am assuming this is ok to do and safe? Just wondering is it the norm to wear a bikini/swim costume while sitting around a bar, albeit an outdoor one? I'm guessing you can take another pair of dry clothes and rock jump all day long if wanted?!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,493 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

There are people jumping off the rocks constantly during the hot hours of the day... pretty sure its safe and pretty refreshing in the heat of the day.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

and there are people reading, fishing and doing all kinds of things. i loved cafe buza...yes, when it is hot, jump in the ocean. how lovely, wish i was back there!!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

Most of the young people who jump are locals, some tourists but not too many after they see the height. We had a very serious accident last year when a young lady got on the top rock and changed her mind. She slipped on the rock and went down, she did live but lost several major organs and had to have facial reconstruction surgery. Locals have been swimming at Buza for many years and understand the depth and rock formations. Some of the young tourists have their courage bolstered by several beers...

Swimming off the rocks on Lokrum is much nicer and safer!

Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
Level Contributor
3,263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

Don't jump Lisa, do read again what Dubrovniklady says.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

Thank you everyone, appreciate the comments. Dubrovniklady, you have me petrified, poor girl! Spectating only for me!! Jumping of the rocks at Lokrum sounds lovely. I haven't yet looked into Lokrum, is there much to do there or nice for a relaxing day? I must look into it.

I think Buza will be for a few cold drinks, watching others whilst relaxing :) What time would be best to go at? Thinking sunset, what time would that be approx? We will be there 28th August. Thanks :)

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

Since I don't visit Buza because of the crowds I can only relate to what I've heard. Some claim to get a seat for sunset, one must try to be there no later than 5pm. Spending 3 hours waiting for sunset is not my idea of a fun thing to do. By the way, there is no food and the loo....porta potty. Ugh!

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
369 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

Thanks for reply. no, i dont think we'll have hours to spend waiting either! I guess we'll see what happens, pop in for a few drinks and get a few nice pictures :). Yes i read up on the food and loo, doesn't sound the nicest! Thanks

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

By the way, there are 2 Buza bars...one is always crowded and that is the one with the cold drink sign. the other is closer to the old town and less stairs and much easier to find.

Walk past the big Cathedral, there is an alley way next to the Amarot restraurant, go up a few steps and walk until you come to the opening in the wall. Total walk time is only a few minutes. It's much less crowded than the other one.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,980 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

and you can safely jump off the rocks there, as they are just a few inches off the ground!!!

10. Re: Buza.. is this the normal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 06:18