We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costs In Dubrovnik ??

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costs In Dubrovnik ??

Can anyone advise of the kind of prices to expect for drinks and food in Dubrovnik. From the reviews i am reading, people keep commenting on how expensive it is.

For instance what is the average cost of a large beer, a soft drink, average bottle of wine, pizza etc, and maybe dinner - fish, prawns.....

We go to Italy quite a bit, and have always been able to find well priced food, if you avoid the obvious touristy places....is this the case with Dubrovnik?

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

Dubrovnik is about the same as Italy with regards to food cost. I had a fantastic pizza and My wife had a salad with salmon , half litter of wine and it was about 35 euro. The beer ( small) I had was around three US dollars. All through Croatia, dinner for two cost anywhere between 45-90 US dollars. We usually had fish and pasta.

Edited: 08 September 2011, 15:37
N.Ireland
Level Contributor
346 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

See my trip report for prices on food.... we drank large beers = 20 to 25kuna; coke ranged from 9kuna in supermarket to 16kuna in restaraunt; Pizza ranges from 42kuna to 65kuna depending on toppings. The cheapest fish dishes are mussels 40kuna, fried or grilled squid 80kuna, other fish is a lot more expensive; Pork or chicken skewers with french fries 80kuna;

It is the same price as the UK. We kept thinking it expensive while there as we were saying '80kuna for chicken.. then again thats £10' so normal UK prices!

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
346 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

PS, a beer which is 25kuna in bar, is only 4-6kuna in supermarket!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

I agree with Lisa - it's not as cheap as some places,but not as expensive as where I live (Ireland).The best value for money fish-wise are calamari,mussels,seafood risotto,seafood spaghetti.I paid 12 euro for a fairly ordinary pizza in one place,yet got a much bigger and tastier one a few streets away for around 8 euro.Don't eat or drink on the Stradun,it's a rip-off.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,642 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

I find Italty very expensive and Croatia quite cheap - unless I go to Dubronvik and then it is comparable to Italy. It is noticeably more expensive than other parts of the Addriatic coast - even the ice-cream costs more. 25 kuna for a beer sounds like a total rip-off - the most expensive one I have paid for in the Split/Trogir area is 18 kuna (usually nearer 15 kuna).

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
346 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

Woo Jude, where were you drinking.. basically everywhere we drank they were 20-25kuna, mostly 25kuna. I'm talking about the very large beers, larger than a pint, guess 1.5pints....

Michigan
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

We just returned from Dubrovnik. Most places charge 20-25 kuna for a large draft beer. The most expensive place was Cafe Buza 2 (or sometimes referred to as "the Cold Drinks place through the hole in the wall") and the cost there was 68 kuna for two 12 oz bottles of beer. That being said, we still went there several times as the views make it worth it. We did discover that Cafe Buza 1, a very short walk away and also with amazing views charges 40 kuna for the same two beers.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
346 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

We didn't have beers in Buza Annettie but the cocktails were pretty expensive but as you say.. worth the views :):)

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
16 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

Regarding costs of drinks in Croatia and Dubrovnik, it is generally cheaper than Uk or anywhere in the Eurozone (though Dubrovnik is more costly than elsewhere in Croatia) though if you are silly enough to order Guiness or imported beers like Heinken etc (or terrible Bavaria beer that is NOT from Germany and comes from Holland!) then you can expect to pay more! When in a foreign country drink the LOCAL beers!!! Ojusko and Karlovako are local beers and far better than Heineken etc and much cheaper, either draft (Tocino) or Bottled (Boca) Though, as everywhere, even cheaper from a supermarket!

JohnW

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costs In Dubrovnik ??

I cannot comment except - Coke and double espresso - 48 kuna (almost $10.00), Starbacks will do HUGE favor for all tourists to open coffee shop there and charge $2.00 for a double espresso like here.