We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik paired with ??

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik paired with ??

Hubby and I are looking to visit the Dubrovnik area in summer '12. We'd like to stretch our holiday to two weeks. What other country would pair well with this destination?

Dorset, uk
Level Contributor
18 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

In terms of practicality, i guess Slovenia, Italy or Montenegro would be best? Could you get a boat over from Italy and do a week on each? Slovenia is meant to be lovely, especially Lake Bled, and that's inland, so you could then do a week on the lake/mountains and a week on the beach/town in Dubrovnik? but to drive it to Dubrovnik would take ages, but could you get a connecting flight?

Or, you could do a week in Dubrovnik, then a week on one of the islands off the coast (Bol, Brac, Korcula)?

xx

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
531 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

You might get some ideas from Lisa's great trip report......

tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-g295371-i1555-k4789…

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

I hope you know that Dubrovnik is not a country. Country is Croatia.

My wife is an American and we spent about 1 hour in Dubrovnik last year. WHY?

Because, she said: "We already have Disneyland. Dubrovnik is like Disneyland on steroids".

But, if you still want to go, consider the coast of Croatia to be one of the most exciting and fancy destinations of today in travel world.

If that still is not enough for you, consider going to Bosnia (that is just few miles away) and see completely different world. (It's distance like going from Marietta to Woodstock or Canton)...

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,114 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

Why not stay the entire time in Croatia? Two weeks is a decent amount of time to not only visit Dubrovnik, but also places like Korcula, Split, Hvar, Trogir, etc.

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

You could certainly spend all 2 weeks in Croatia. There is lots to see. But another good option is to combine it with other central European countries like Hungary, Slovakia, and Austria. You could spend a week along the beautiful Adriatic coast and then head inland to see the cities of Budapest, Bratislava, and Vienna.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

I agree with Barry: two weeks in Croatia.

Start in Zagreb and then continue to Istria before hitting south shores. Croatia is wonderfully diverse and each day will be a discovery.

Of course, two nights in Slovenia and one day trip to Montenegro would be recommended detours!

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
Level Contributor
919 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

@Pursie,

Please read how looked Memorable Family Vacation of Roger Savy in 1967:

…drexel.edu/people/…yugoslavia.html

I am sure, you will follow the simmilar itinerer trough Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

you can visit from Dubrovnik a many places on daily trips (islands of Mljet,Korčula,elafiti islands or other states like Montenegro or Bosnia y Herzegovina.i am sure that will be good if you will go for 5 days in the Split area.i can recommen for you private apartment in the villa sema.you can see accomodations on www.villasema.weebly.com

cheap and very nice

regards

9. Re: Dubrovnik paired with ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 22:17