We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in the rain?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in the rain?

I'm traveling to Dubrovnik in mid October and I know it possible we could run into a lot of rain. Besides museums is there anything that we shouldn't miss if it is raining all day? We have serveral ideas for nice weather but need ideas for rainy days.

Croatia
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in the rain?

Was disappointed one time in Dub when we had rain but was delighted to see the gargoyles on Svt Vlaho at work, draining water off the roof. Something I had never seen in all the times I have been in Dub. By the way you can view this sitting and having coffee directly across from them at Gradska Kavana. If its cool they have wonderful white chocolate hot cocoa, like drinking a cheese cake:)

California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in the rain?

Dubrovnik is really suited for nice weather because most sights are outside. If you have only 1 or 2 rainy days then I suggest making day trips on those days. If you go to Mostar or Montenegro you will be in a van for much of the day and you can bring an umbrella for exploring the towns. Otherwise, bring a book and spend some time in a nice indoor cafe in the Old Town, like Cafe Festival or GradsKavana.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in the rain?

Pehaps similiar to a museum, but the Aquarium in Old Town is worth a visit.

As calicourntney, says spend some time with a book or e.reader in a cafe - either inside or under a waterproof awning/cover.

Split, Croatia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in the rain?

Go to the gaffe irsih pub. Watch some sport, listen to live music or have a burger.

5. Re: Things to do in the rain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:15