We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik is very expensive address !!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Hi there - did you use DAS to book accomodation? If so, what was your experience?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Hi there - did you use DAS to book accomodation? If so, what was your experience?

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Yes i do use DAS to book apartment and later i find out that i payed 30% more then price because this is DAS fee !!! Next time i will use privat owner from TA only or Owners Direct site.

Edited: 12 December 2011, 08:58
California
Level Contributor
962 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

"Nike1965" from Antwerp, it is interesting that in a former post you said that you stayed in "Apartment Nike - Old Town" and recommended it. The listing for Apartment Nike online lists a Belgian phone number for the owner (and you are from Belgium).

Trip Advisor forums are for honest recommendations only. Self promotion is not allowed. It sounds like you are using this forum to promote your own property and to try to discredit your competitors.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've seen a couple of DAS property listings also on Trip Advisor's FlipKey, and the price has been exactly the same from my experience so far, but they seem to have some good selections, especially in old town where we are looking.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Used DAS to book our apartment in Dubrovnik and can honestly say they were fantastic and would highly recommend them. The appartment was exactly as described on their site. We booked a taxi transfer from the airport and the guy was waiting at arrivals for us. As we neared the appartment he telephoned the owner to tell them of our arrival.We prebooked a return to airport with the same taxi and they were so efficient in tranfer. The apartment was spotlessly clean and the owners lovely people, welcomed us with cold drinks and biscuits and even took us to the supermarket in his car to stock up. If this is the kind of property and owners DAS use then Im more than happy to put my full trust in them and book through them if I decide to return to Dubrovnik. Top marks to DAS

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Where did you stay in Dubrovnik that was fabulous? We are going there in Sept. 2012. How much did you pay per night? Thanks

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Hi We used DAS in 2011 - they secured a beautiful apartment in Lapad for us - the Apartment was exactly as advertized and the service we received from them was prompt and faultless .

On our return to Dubrovnik we had booked an apartment in the Old Town direct with an owner - as it was for only one night - it was a disaster and we had to find another apartment at the last minute which was not any cheaper than via DAS

One might pay slightly more when booking through them but I do believe their apartments are vetted propertly and I would certainly use them again .

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

Wish i had used owners direct or similair, however as i booked late i choose to go on apartment allocation on arrival with Balkan holidays.

Never again placed in a right dump in Gruz, - holiday rep(elite holidays) was useless apartment turned out to be the top floor of some ones own house.

Vaasa, Finland
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dubrovnik Apartment Source, Dubrovnik

We are only disappointed to DASs service. They promise in their web site that they reply always within three hours after getting emails.

Well, we never got any reply.

I can't recommend place who give that kind of "promises" or "service".

Fortunately Dubrovnik is full of good hotels and homestays so we found excellent hotel near of Old Town! Tourist office in Lapad was excellent and free of charge.