We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

Hey All,

I'm hoping to visit Croatia for a week in August (I know, It's a while away!) but I was wondering where the least Touristy areas are near the Coast? Is there places that the tourists haven't 'discovered' yet?

What are to be know as the busiest areas also. Just so I can avoid. And what nationalities usual visit Croatia? I would like to get as far away from 'Brits' as possible.

Thanks much in advance

Kx

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

Try Karin:

http://www.karin.hr/dolazak.htm

or Senj:

http://www.tz-senj.hr/en/senj

UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

Thats v useful info thanks!. A stunning place like Croatia I would imagine has all been discovered. There's parts of the Highlands of Scotland for instance that are not hit by tourism which makes them ideal for someone like Me.

Are there any other un-spoilt destinations by the Coast You could recommend? Montenergo perhaps??

Kind regards and many thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
39,974 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

I think the Senj area is a good idea. You could also look into Lastovo, but it would entail and quite long ferry ride to get there. You might also look into Vis.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
Level Contributor
10,646 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

august will be busy, most places..summertime. the idea of vis, is always a favorite to me. i loved the quiet countryside, and the fabulous, very quiet beaches on the west side.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,731 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

August will be busy but Croatia is still largely undiscovered by Brits. You will however hear a multitude of other languages. Avoid hotels and stay in apartments. Vis is a good idea.

Suno, Italy
Level Contributor
165 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

Some quiet islands are Cres, Dugi Otok, Vis. You can rent a private room in some small village, and you'll have a great holiday out of the tourist crowd.

7. Re: Croatia in August but quiet/minimal tourists?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:21