We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Prices

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
July Prices

Hi,

I am going to Dubrovnik for ten days on the 14th of July and I am now worried as I hear everything is tripled price wise.

We are staying in Lapad for 6 days and Cavtat for four days and want to maybe visit the old town three times.

We really enjoy drinking beer and will be eating out every night but probably getting some lunch supplies from the supermarket.

Can anyone give me an idea of the prices I should expect so I can plan my spending money appropriately?

Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Prices

The cost of accommodation and car hire tends to go up considerably in July and August but supermarket prices don't change and I doubt there will be much change in restaurant prices. The latter are higher in Dubrovnik than other parts of Croatia the whole year round, but you can still eat at reasonable prices.

manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Prices

Thank you for your help :)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,201 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July Prices

Yes use the grocery stores as much as you can. The bread there is good as is the meat and beer is a lot cheaper too! Prices in the Old Town will be very very expensive even for such things as a soda!

manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: July Prices

Oh that sounds good. I think we will try to do that. How much are we looking at when you say very expensive. Say a meal for two with beer/wine?

Thanks again, it helps me work out how much I need to save

Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: July Prices

On average about 25-30 euro for a decent meal (2 people). Prices at bars/cafes on the main street (old town ) will be more expensive. coffee about 3 euro. side streets 1.50 euro. same goes with drinks beers / wines etc.

manchester
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July Prices

Thank you very much for your help

7. Re: July Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 22:41