We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Game of Thrones

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Game of Thrones

Odd question. My wife and I are huge Game of Thrones fans, and we will have one day in Dubrovnik as part of a cruise this summer. Does anyone know whether there is specific information about locations used on the show. Obviously, from watching the show, you can pick out when they are filming on the wall. Is there any resource about more specific information on filming locations? Or perhaps some sort of organized tour focusing on the show?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,583 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Game of Thrones

I would doubt there is an organized tour of the places they filmed at but I am sure a guide could get you to the places if you hired one. The following is something I found online-

winteriscoming.net/2011/…

I thought most of it was done at Fort Lovrijenac.

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Game of Thrones

Thanks. The link you posted is helpful.

Farnham, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Game of Thrones

Hi there, I'm going next saturday (28th)for a short break and am also a HUGE

Game of Thrones fan!! The Island named Lokrum, is where they filmed Daenerys Targaryen scenes later on in the series, in the monastery part of the island. Also i believe they used bits to double up as the gardens/courtyard (later in series 2) of the castle in Kings Landing.

They used the old town castle walls for the opening of Series 2, with King Joffrey and Sansa watching a fight, in Kings Landing.

There was a link on HBO with a short video of the location, showing behind the scenes but it appears to of gone, but it looked stunning and this is as much info as I can remember.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Game of Thrones

There is also a place called Dubac , where some scenes were filmed. It's between Dubrovnik and Dubrovnik airport.

Chicago
Level Contributor
228 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Game of Thrones

Good info. Thanks again everyone. Looking forward to seeing ALL of your beautiful city, not just the Game of Thrones locations.

Shetland Islands...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Game of Thrones

Hi guys,

Just to follow up on this post a little - I'm probably going to be in Dubrovnik during the filming of Season 3... I was wondering if anyone could let me know how feasible it might be to actually watch any shooting actually taking place? I guess this is really a question aimed at Dubrovnik locals who might have some experience of Season 2!

Thanks in advance!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Game of Thrones

One location was a park under a bridge at Pile gate.

From that park you can come to the sea that looks to fort Lovrijenac.

8. Re: Game of Thrones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 17:05
9. Re: Game of Thrones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik