We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Ploce area

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Ploce area

My husband & I will be in Dubrovnik for a week in late August 2012

as part of a wider European trip.

I can see from other posts that this is probably completely the wrong time to be visiting, but coming from Australia something always has to be compromised, so it is then or probably never, and we really do want to visit.

I am having trouble finding a hotel at a reasonable price, for us that means not much over $A200 per night incl b/fast. Am I looking for the impossible?

I was hoping for something with a sea view and easy walking into the old town. I have read about other areas but it seems crowded buses

may be an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
697 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Ploce area

Hi roylyn, it is true Dubrovnik is not possible to book for late August at that price, if you are excluding apartment rent possibility. There are nice apartments everywhere, so you might look at that option if you are on budget travel. Otherwise, you might consider Cavtat as well, or if you will have a car, Neum (77km from Dubrovnik) can be only budget option.

Edited: 22 April 2012, 12:41
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Ploce area

Thank you Tihi33,

I thought as much from what I have researched! Just wanted confirmation.

I will look at Lapad or the Port area. If we were staying longer would definitely check out apartments , as it's just for a few days prefer not to have to get food in.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
697 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Ploce area

You are welcome. I would then advise you to try to look prices at Lero hotel, they also have rooms with sea view, though they are not directly at the beach. It is a very nice 3 star hotel and the old town is very near from here. Best regards!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Ploce area

I have found these websites very useful in finding apartment accomodations just outside Dubrovnik. Use the Advance Search to enter your specific criteria.

adriatic-home.com/Croatia/…Apartments

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/home

Edited: 22 April 2012, 18:19
5. Re: Where to stay in Ploce area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:42