We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Split

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staffs
Level Contributor
174 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry to Split

I have visited Dubrovnik and love it but would like to make a couple of trips from there to vary my time. Are there any places to visit either by hire car or islands worth visiting by ferries. I also thought of taking the ferry from Dubrovnik to Split for a day visit, would it be worth it?

Msida, Malta
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Split

You cannot take a day visit to Split by ferry due to the schedules you can however take the bus from Dubrovnik to Split as these operate a few times a day

You do not say when you are visiting but the ferries operate from June 1st to September 30th

Have a good trip !

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
38,114 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Split

Going to Split on a day trip out of Dubrovnik is possible, but that would be lots of time in a vehicle, knowing it takes four to five hours between the two that's eight to ten hours of driving and not a lot of time to look around. Maybe Mostar is something to look into, or Ston and the Peljesac or maybe even Korcula.

3. Re: Ferry to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:16