We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Dubrovnik

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Dubrovnik

Hello,

Me and my friend are looking to go to Dubrovnik in July for a week's holiday. However, we want to be central to all the major sites in Dubrovnik so thought the Old Town would be a good area to stay in to explore from. From researching hotels, it seems that all are about 10-15 minutes away by a No 6 bus.

Are there any central hotels in the Old Town or are the other hotels just as convenient to stay at?

Any recommendations appreciated thanks.

Level Contributor
534 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

There are only 2 hotels in the Old Town..The Hotel Stari Grad which is very small and the Pucic Palace which is very expensive. I recently stayed at the Pucic Palace and it is in a great location. There are numerous apartments in the Old Town.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

The Hilton Imperial is very close to the Old Town. If you are looking for a more moderately priced hotel the Lero is within walkable distance.

Edited: 21 June 2012, 22:24
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

Hey, EastCoast. You owe us big time your report!

Level Contributor
534 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

LOL. Yes, I got some wonderful help here. And I had a great trip. I will try to post report soon. In the meantime I give a big thanks to all who contributed to my trip.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

Are you only considering hotel? Would you consider an apartment rental? We found this site very helpful. They also responded to email questions abour properties very quickly. We ended up renting an apartment just outside the Ploce Gate - 5 minute walk into old town. It was ideal.

The website is great, allows you to put in criteria, there is a good description and pictures of the property and a map to show you exactly where it's located.

We also like the fact that they accept the deposit by credit card, as opposed to having to do a wire transfer to someone.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/

Manchester, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

Thanks for your help. Will check out your recommendations.

7. Re: Hotels in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik