We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 days in croatia and around

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
11 days in croatia and around

I am planning a trip to croatia with my wife and 2 kids, age 13 and 8. I plan to spend 6 nights in dubrovnik. Will do 2 full day tours to bosnia-herzegovina and to montenegro. Pls advice what i should do that for the other 4 days. I also plan to spend 1 night in plitvice, and 2 nights in split, before going to ljubljana for 2 days. Pls let me know what are the must sees in croatia. Should i do hvar or some other island ? Should i also include zagreb or any other city ? We like natural beauty and history. Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

I'd definitely take a trip to one of the islands. Hvar, Brac etc.

Why not spend a night or two in Kotor or Budva?

Bled, Slovenia
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

You fly out from?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

Thanks. From Ljubljana I go to Vienna and fly out from there. Please let me know if 6 days is too much for Dubrovnik. I can then do Kotor or Budva.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

I think if you were to do day trips etc to places like Mostar six days in Dubrovnik would be fine.

What do you and your family enjoy doing?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

Natural beauty and historical places for the adults. Theme parks and shopping for the kids. Kids also like the beach but we are not too keen on the same.

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

Go to the Dalmatia coast, beware of beaches and being unacompanied by tour groups etc or locals as there has been warnings in travel books about underground mines still turning up years later. I am planning to go with my husband who was from Zagreb.

Caledonia, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

Try going to the Dalmatia coast, beware of the beaches though as i have read there may be problems with underground mines still being found after the war.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

There are no mines in Dalmatia. Stop spreading lies from some "God knows from where" malicious news. If your husband is from Zagreb, he was not there after 1991.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
70 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

Thanks.

10. Re: 11 days in croatia and around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2013, 05:47
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik