We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early flight questions

Minnesota
Level Contributor
379 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Early flight questions

We are scheduled to fly out of Dubrovnik to Zagreb at 6:50 am. Several questions:

-What is the suggested time to get to the airport?

-Need reliable transportation to airport. Are there early morning buses or should we arrange a taxi?

-We could extend a car hire but they seem to open at 6:00 am. Would we have enough time to return the car and make our flight or is this cutting it too close?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early flight questions

Last option sounds reasonable. Dubrovnik airport is small enough that you can yell on pilot to wait for you until you finish with rental official...

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,223 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early flight questions

We've done that flight. We took a taxi - they are used to those early morning flights. I believe the first time we were there at 6 am. As mentioned, it is a tiny airport. You may be able to drop off the car but it could be tight, depending on the traffic that particular morning and how closely the vehicle is scrutinized. Often they barely even glance at them. I would personally be ok with the last option but be there maybe 5:45 to get everything in order and be waiting at the car rental place just before 6:00.

uk
Level Contributor
206 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early flight questions

I guess one problem with your last option is, what if you're not the only one doing this?

Is it possible that there could be half a dozen other flyers trying to do exactly the same and all get in the queue ahead of you.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,950 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early flight questions

I've done a car drop-off at Dubrovnik and there was no-one at my car rental place. Another couple of people had the same problem both with the same company and another one - we parked up and just put the keys through the door and wandered away. Take photos of the car in case there is an issue. As we had said what time we were returning the car they could have been there but chose not to.

5. Re: Early flight questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:16