We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

Hi all

I realise that there is a Atlas bus waiting outside for international flights and it puts us down at Pile Gate, which is great for our accommodation but now I see that it does not pick us up there to return to the airport and I also read that we would have to get over to the base station of the cable car and wave furiously so the bus drivers stops and I also read they don't always stop there! All TA advise.

So as we are in self contained in a couple of mins walk from Pile Gate is there a taxi stand at Pile Gate entrance area where we could get a taxi without booking no problems. We need to leave about 2pm on a Saturday. If there is no taxi stand what's the chances of booking one to pick us up at Pile Gate area? Otherwise we have to walk for 15 mins with luggage to the cable car base station and one of us can't do that.

Also any good taxi websites that are reliable and well priced to take us back would be appreciated.

Thanks

Durham
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

There always seem to be taxis at Pile gate. I think it would be better to get the Airport bus from the main bus station. You can either get a taxi or a local bus from Pile Gate to the main bus station.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

Thanks apt22 I will consider the latter.

San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

I actually had a similar question. I was concerned about getting a taxi to take me the very short distance from the Pile Gate to my hotel after being dropped off on the Atlas bus. The manager of the hotel said I won't need a taxi but with a lot of luggage, I think I will need a taxi, even if it's a short distance. Do you think that will be a problem?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

I have just booked Cheap Dubrovnik Tours for return transfers and they seem to be cheaper than a taxi one way. As there is a few of us this is not so expensive for the distance and time taken, IMO. Check them out on TA. I don't have to pay until we reach our destination both ways, which is good. The person waits in the foyer oi the airport with a sign with your name on it. I have also allowed plenty of time to get back to the airport in case of traffic problems.

Maybe something to consider.

5. Re: Getting in and out of the Old town Dubrovnik to the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:18