We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road maps

wainfelin
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
road maps

HI.

We are renting a car in Dubrovnik next week.

Will there be road maps in the hire car or will I have to buy them and if I do where can they be purchased.

Thanks

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: road maps

You can buy maps at any gas station or bookstore.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,112 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: road maps

I have never had a map in any hire car. Tourist offices do good free ones which friends who drove the whole country said were better than the one they bought in the UK.

london
Level Contributor
429 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: road maps

Our car hire company didn't issue a map, (1st country that has happened). We used the free one issued by the Croatian National Tourist Board, which seemed to be available in many places. I would also recommend GPS, as many of the streets don't have road names showing. You can't follow it blindly, as it rarely took into account one-ways, but it was still invaluable, (and unfortunately expensive)

Korcula Island...
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: road maps

Can also purchase maps at the Tisak news stands.

wainfelin
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: road maps

Thanks for your prompt replies.

6. Re: road maps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik