We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone help answer my query

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone help answer my query

On my walk back from the old city back to Gruz harbour, the coastal walk has an area which is on a cliff top overlooking the sea. There is a section which has pad locks with peoples names on them attached to the wire fench. Does anyone know what this represents please.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

I am not sure if it's the same spot but the owner of the apartment that we stayed in told us there is a section there that people jump from to commit suicide.

Edited: 27 October 2012, 00:25
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,472 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

I believe it is the spot-called Boninovo cliff which is the so called suicide spot in Dubrovnik.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,275 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

The locks have been put there by people who have committed to their relationship. We would prefer the area be remembered for the beauty of the view and binding of two lives together rather than suicide.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

I have seen gates with locks attached all over the world, the lock represents a symbol for the unbreakable bond of love between a couple.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

Yes we saw these on the bridge in Salzburg, Austria ...love locks

6. Re: Can anyone help answer my query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:15