We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

We are planning a trip to Dubrovnik next summer. This will be our first trip to Croatia and we will be coming from Geneva, where we currently live. Our family is my husband, me, and our 3 year old.

I have done some research and the two hotels that keep popping are e Hilton Imperial and the excelsior. Both look nice- do you have any recommendations on which is better for us? We want to visit old town, relax at the hotel and beach, and visit mt Srd.

If there are other hotels that would better suit us and have better rates, we are open to that too.

Thanks!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,983 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

I think the Excelsior is a better hotel because of the location and views. Also consider Villa Dubrovnik.

Happy planning!

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

Have a look at Grand Villa Argentina, next to the Excelsior. It has lovely grounds (unlike the Excelsior) down to the sea with outdoor swimming pool and a fantastic views of the Old town and harbour.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

Villa Argentina is a better alternative to Excelsior next door. Villa Dubrovnik is more boutique one. Imperial is in the busiest part of Dubrovnik which is not necessarily bad thing. It is also a lovely place with some nice views from top terraces

Durham
Level Contributor
4,861 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

The Imperial was completely rebuilt a few years ago just keeping the old facade so it's a more modern hotel than the others mentioned. However, it's probably not the best choice for young children as it is not near a beach,has no grass areas and only an indoor pool. Probably best for adults who want to explore the old town.

5. Re: Which hotel - imperial or excelsior

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik