We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

I am looking to go to Dubrovnik in September for a surprise mum's 70th birthday i did think about booking All Inclusive but we do enjoy going to different restaurants when on holiday, so are there enough good and varied restaurants and a few bars or would i be better to go A/Inc, any recommendations would be good with regards to hotels and restaurants, bars etc. I'm not against paying that bit more for a really hotel that has a lot going for it, i.e. central location, good rooms, staff and service,

Any pointers would be good.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

The food is great so don't bother with all inclusive...experience the great food of Croatia, not the hotel's cafeteria.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Saskatchewan, Canada
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
8,973 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

I agree with Barry 110%. There are a few superb restaurants in some hotels in the country but to really enjoy the food, you really need to get off the beaten path and out of the hotels. Croatia has such excellent food that it would almost be a crime to miss out! :)

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

All you need is bed and roof over the head. Even free breakfast might be better outside hotel than in hotel itself. Don't worry. September is great time to visit Croatia.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

Thanks for such positive replies it really helps i didn't fancy going all inclusive anyway only cos we like to mooch about and see what's going on.

Regards,

Tilly

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

There is not much in the way of all inclusive in Croatia anyway thankfully.

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

Good glad about that, my minds made up anyway, it's going to be bed and breakfast i like to go different restaurants etc on hols anyway, thanks

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

We are going to Croatia for 9 or 10 days and after landing at Split airport we shall probably travel down to Dubrovnik. Are there any ships/ferries which connect Dubrovnik with the islands along the Dalmation Coast?

Mentioned in this post
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
53,800 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

In the high season there have been two ferries per week that will go from Split to Dubrovnik. But you could take a bus many times per day.

9. Re: Dubrovnik, Croatia All Inclusive or not what do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 07:17