We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Itinerary

newburyport
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Itinerary

My partner and I are planning a trip to Croatia. We're too busy to plan logistics on our own. We like adventure. (last year vacation was hiking Glacier Park). We're looking at using a travel company like backroads or REI. I've done a Backroads trip in the past (was happy with it but pricey) but no experience with REI. My question is the itinerary for Backroads is walking, hiking, biking and some boating in the following loactions: Dubrovnik, Peljesac Peninsula, Korcula Island, Hvar Island, Brac Island and Split for 5 nights/6 days and cost is $4,100 not including airfare. REI does similair activities in Zagreb, Plitvice lake, Zrjmana and Krupa river (Kyak) , Paklenica National Park, Vrgada Island and Town of Skradin, Krka National Park and then to Trogin for 7 nights/8 days and cost about $1,000 less than Backroads. REI does an extension trip to Dubrovnik but we can't take the extra 5 days for that. The price tag for backroads is steep for what seems a short trip compared to REI and the airfare is going to run about 1,300 for each of us regardless. Feedback welcome and appreciated.We want comfortable accomodations but no need for "red carpet" treatment. We cant travel more than 9 days..

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Itinerary

Hard to really judge without the full itinerary, but on a quick glance, it appears the Backroads trip covers all of the most popular places to visit, whereas the REI looks a bit more off the beaten track and more wilderness. So, do you want to see historic towns? Then maybe Backroads would be more for you.

This is not to say that the Backroads trip would not be quite away from it all, as it is easy to do that once you leave the main towns anywhere in the country.

newburyport
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Itinerary

Thanks for your input. I'm waiting to talk with both outfitters to learn more about each itinerary. I'm anxious to see if others provide feedback on this site. It seems like a great resource for travelers.

newburyport
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Itinerary

Thanks for your input. I'm waiting to talk with both outfitters to learn more about each itinerary. We're both love the wilderness and want to feel as if we've truly experienced the culture and beauty of Croatia in this short timeframe. I'm anxious to see if others provide feedback on this site. It seems like a great resource for travelers.

4. Re: Best Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:17