We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from NYC to DBV

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flight from NYC to DBV

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get to Dubrovnik from New York City. I was hoping to go from Paris but it looks like if I fly from Paris there is no non-stop flight to DBV.

Does anyone have any suggestions on flying from NYC?

The other options is to check out other cities but I wanted to primarily go to Dubrovnik and Split. Is it worth it to stop in Zagreb for a day?

Thanks in advance!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,472 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

Stopping in Zagreb for a day would not be a bad thing..its a very underrated city. How about flying into London and flying to Dubrovnik from there?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

NY - London and than London-Dubrovnik

Same thing with stopover in Düsseldorf, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Brussels and a few other EU airports. Most of these cities are linked by Croatia airlines and a few by Air France, Lufthansa and BA.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

Thanks all!

If we decided to stop in Zagreb, how much time do you think is enough for the City?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
288 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

I have just completed a trip to Croatia and I started in Zagreb. I stayed 2 nights there...that seemed like a good amount of time. I guess it depends how much time you have for your entire trip. Enjoy!!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,472 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

I would say exactly the same thing..it depends on how long you have in Croatia. We usually spend two nights in Zagreb and on our last trip we spent a day from there to go to Trakoscan Castle and Varazdin and that was well worth our time. How long will you be in Croatia?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

Flying in Sunday and leaving Saturday morning..

I was thinking taking the bus to Split from Dubrovnik and getting that over with and then coming back and doing Dubrovnik?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,472 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

With that short time period I would stay only one night in Zagreb.

Level Contributor
8,532 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

frankly that that short of time I would fly via a city either london or Frankfurt or munich where you can get a non stop to Dubrovnik and fly back from Split to that city or if that does not work in and out of one or the other but Zagreb seems out of the way.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
43,472 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

I don't see a problem with skipping Zagreb if you can work out the flights to get right to Dubrovnik and fly out of Split, or vice versa.

10. Re: Flight from NYC to DBV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 04:17