We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

Hi, Thinking of going to Dubronik but worried about the food options. I had no problem in Greece, Italy, Spain, but how is it in Croatia if I don't eat meat or fish?

I don't need vegetarian specific restaurants per se, but will I find lots of fresh veg and fruits in markets and in cafes/restaurants?

The things I like are green salads, grain dishes, bean dishes, soups, breads, pita/hummus etc.

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

please do a forum search using the term "vegetarian," and you will see recent posts on this subject with links to restaurants. Short answer: you'll be fine, if lacking in diversity of options (lots of pizza, salads).

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

I take it that you are Vegan. If you are self catering there will be no problem in the markets - an abundance of fresh vegetables and fruit. Restaurants are a little more problematic but they will usually have vegetable or bean soups, salads and pizza. As LuvGoin says put Vegetarian Restaurants in the search box above.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,745 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

My wife is strictly vegetarian (I like seafood) but had no problem whatsover in Croatia.

Are you OK with cheese that might not be considered stictly vegetarian?

Plenty of pasta, pizza and vegetable dishes as mentioned. Plenty of olives, olive oil, figs etc. I just checked one good menu which shows things like courgette soup, goats cheese tart and so on.

There are also vegetarian only restaraunts such as Nishta

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

I don't eat meat fish or eggs and avoid dairy.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

My girlfriend is vegetarian and found plenty of choice in Dubrovnik. Don't forget to visit Nishta for the best vegetarian food in the Old Town.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,070 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

I am vegetarian and got by. I loved Nishta http://www.nishtarestaurant.com/

Edited: 20 May 2013, 18:43
7. Re: Vegetarian (no fish either) - will there be options for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 07:17