We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First visit to Croatia! Dubrovnik to Split island hopping?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
First visit to Croatia! Dubrovnik to Split island hopping?

Hi guys,

Me and my wife are planning our first ever trip to Croatia but it's proving very confusing with so much to do and see. We have flights booked to Dubrovnik on July 17th and we fly home from Split on July 27th! We don't want to rush about too much and see every island in the region, but we would like to stop off and stay at 1 or 2 (maybe 3) on our trip from Dubrovnik to Split. We have three nights booked in Dubrovnik and then 7 days for adventure. I was thinking Dubrovnik - Mljet - Havar - Split. Can anyone tell me if this is possible and a good idea? Any other 'better suggestions'? Also do the ferries run every day and to the places I've suggested? One more thing - do we need to hire a car? I would prefer not too as I hate driving on my holiday but also we don't want to miss out on anything. This holiday is also on a budget as we've just got married so any help and advice is greatly appreciated - many thanks guys!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First visit to Croatia! Dubrovnik to Split island hopping?

I don't think the connections are good between Mljet and Hvar...a better option would be to go from Dubrovnik to Hvar and then on to Split.

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First visit to Croatia! Dubrovnik to Split island hopping?

a rather logical way from Dubrovnik to Split would include the island of Korčula, accessible by bus from Dubrovnik, www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf, then onwards to Split. Mljet (Sobra) would be accessible from Dubrovnik by boat, and onwards to Split.

another option is to take a bus to split (4.5hrs), and take a ferry to one of the islands.

www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1304

if you want to recuperate a bit more, I'd choose one island and chill out there, instead of hopping around, particularly if it's gonna be hot in the end of July.

Also, do your booking asap if you can, for you're arriving in high season.

congratulations and enjoy your trip!

3. Re: First visit to Croatia! Dubrovnik to Split island hopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2014, 05:16