We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 nights in Dubrovnik

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
7 nights in Dubrovnik

Hello,

My boyfriend (26) and I (24) will be travelling to Dubrovnik from Italy for 7 nights before returning home to Vancouver on September 12, 2013.

We are an active couple who loves beaches. We have been told to take a couple days from Dubrovnik to visit an island - what islands do you suggest and what is the time duration to get there?

I have some what of a weak knee but am very active so I am unsure if we should stay in Ploce because of the stairs - is it an "easy" 200 stairs or are they quite strenuous? Staying in Ploce for the views sounds worth it but would you recommend we stay in Old Town instead?

Thanks for the help :)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,567 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

How about the island of Lopud for a beach (Sunj) near Dubrovnik? It is a car free island and you could look for an apartment there.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g608713-d3…

Ploce is such a nice area to stay in...I guess it could be strenuous depending on how high you are....maybe someone can help you with a place not so far up with the incredible views!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

Cao :) Why not also visit Bosnia for 1 or 2 days? I would recommend you to visit magnificent Mostar at least which is a 3-4 hours trip from Dubrovnik. You have plenty of bus opportunities to select from either Autotrans, Centrotrans or Globtour :)

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
42,567 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

A day trip to Mostar is a good idea just for the great cultural experience!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

in dubrovnik, staying in the Old Town offers a unique experience of the old white walls, strolling in the evening on white stone pavements, chilling out in bars... in the area of Ploče, there is accommodation accessible without any stairs, and that would be along the road from the Ploče Gate (the Old Town's eastern gate) to the East.

for the islands, there are several options: Mljet (with its national park) by boat, local Elafiti Islands (Koločep, Šipan, Lopud) accessible by local boat from Gruž port, Korčula, accessible by land (some 150km to Orebić, then 10min ferry across to Korčula town).

for more info on boats: www.jadrolinija.hr/default.aspx?dpid=1632

for buses:

http://www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

Thank you for all of your replies!

So it seems that whether we stay in Old Town or Ploce we will be happy which is great.

I will look further into a day trip to Bosnia - sounds very interesting!

6. Re: 7 nights in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17