We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Accomodation

Birmingham
2 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Accomodation

Hi there,

Just looking for some answers on getting accomodation in Dubrovnik, within or very close to the Old town area. I understand this is the main part, and so should naturally be more expensive, however I wanted to know whether anyone would know about a private room for rent, mid august time, for two people.

I went Island Hopping (Cyclades) in Greece last year with my girlfriend, and finding (good) accomodation was really easy. I am seeing that Dubrovnik seems to be so expensive, even on the hostel sites. I wondered whether it is worth perhaps just turning up on the night, and walking through the main street, asking at friendly and more family looking restaurants for some private and relatively cheap accomodation for about four nights. I never paid more than 50 euros a night in Greece, so I don't really want to spend much more than this..

I know everyone says you should book in advance to avoid no rooms being available, but this was said when I island hopped in greece, and it was easier and cheaper (Mykonos we paid 35 euros a night when guide price was 200 euros, with the online price being 80 a night.)

Can anyone advise anywhere to stay or whether myself and my girlfriend should just wing it?

My problem I guess is that we arrive fairly late at the airport, around 21:00..

Thanks!

new zealand
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Accomodation

appartments , even short term , can get for about 50 euros for 2 people , theres alot more avaiblbe than hotels at peak times , booking.com , roomorama.com

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Accomodation

Mid August is High, High Season. You'll be lucky to find anything half decent, if at all, if you wing it, especially if you aren't arriving until late evening. It's also the Dubrovnik Festival time and the place will be packed out. Dubrovnik is tiny and is the most expensive place in Croatia. Dubrovnik is Not Greece. Do yourself a favour and book in advance.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Accomodation

Also keep in mind in August many places require a minimum stay of several nights and/or charge extra for a few nights. Danny said it well. Dubrovnik is *not* Greece. :-)

You had better search for a place immediately.

4. Re: Dubrovnik Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik