We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On a budget - where is good to stay

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
On a budget - where is good to stay

I am visiting Dubrovnik early September. Like most people i am on a bit of a budget. Dubrovnik seems to be a lot more expensive than the other accommodation we have booked around Croatia.

Does anyone have any recommendations of places to stay that are reasonably priced.

Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,209 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On a budget - where is good to stay

I guess I would have to ask how much you are willing to spend per night? Budget and Dubrovnik sometimes don't work well with each other. Early September is still high season and the prices will reflect that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: On a budget - where is good to stay

Yeah I'm starting to realise that. £50-£60 a night ideally.

Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,209 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On a budget - where is good to stay

I think you are probably going to have to look in the Lapad area and take the bus into the Old Town...we have stayed at the following....its close to a bus stop but has no view or anything...the owner speaks great English and the apartments are nice..not sure what the prices are since they aren't on the webpage though..could always ask!

http://www.dubrovnik-online.net/vukas/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
555 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On a budget - where is good to stay

We used this website to book recently and got a pleasant but basic room in Gruz, 20 minutes walk from Dubrovnik Old Town at a very reasonable price.

hostelworld.com/bed-and-breakfasts/dubrovnik

5. Re: On a budget - where is good to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 06:19