We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling in Dubrovnik

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling in Dubrovnik

Hi all,

I wanted some information with regards to travelling in Dubrovnik. I will be visiting for 1 week towards the end of this month with my wife and 8month old baby daughter. We are staying at the Valamar Lacromoa hotel so wanted to know if it is worth while hiring a car for the week or using taxi's buses. However, with a little one, it may not be as hassle free using public transport?

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling in Dubrovnik

you will be perfect with public transport. buses are air-coned and pretty decent. local city buses run on time usually. in Dubrovnik itself, there is no way you could park your car anywhere near the old town, so you might end up keeping a car in the parking lot, unless you plan to make daytrips by car elsewhere.

london
Level Contributor
134 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling in Dubrovnik

thank-you for your reply. I have read hotel reviews that the bus can be very often full and quite hot. with a young baby would it still be ok?

how much should a taxi from the airport to Valamar Lacroma be?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,059 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling in Dubrovnik

Yes the bus might be crowded but having a car would not be good as you would not be able to find parking close to the Old Town...

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,560 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling in Dubrovnik

by the end of August, the temperatures should ease down, and the city rides last only up to 15 minutes, so that should not be a problem.

the airport-Lacroma taxi would be 270-300 HRK, or 35-40 euro, and compare that price with Lacroma's, as hotels usually have some arrangements with taxi drivers.

5. Re: Travelling in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:18