We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik

Cold Spring, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik

What is the nicest beach in Dubrovnik and how close is it to the cruise port? How do you get there and what is the cost for a cab? I will be there on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam on 8/21 from 11 am to 11 pm and I am wondering about Banje beach, Lapad and Lokrum. Also would like to see the walla and try Gelato. Any suggestions are welcome. I am going with my wife and 2 daughters age 10 and 14

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik

The ship usualy provides busses to Old Town entrance if not taxi is about $25,00 and with the walls, old town visit, cable car (recomended) gellato, lunch, supper, you will not have time for any beaches!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik

Banje beach is small and rocky. Wouldn't call it "nice" at least not as compared to the beaches in other parts of the Country. I believe Lokrum was the place to go (we didn;t go, but everyone told us that was nicer--it's an island off Dubrovnik.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik

Regarding Gelato, in Old Town there is a wonderful gelateris right on the main strip, open fairly late.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
50,288 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik

If you are going to do the walls and explore Old Town then it makes the most sense to go to Banje.....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik

If only there for a day, do Banje Beach. it's nice enough.

6. Re: Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19