We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

I will be in Dubrovnik in May next year and would like to catch a ferry up to Rijeka. I can't seem to find any information about the route for that time. Does the ferry run in May (around May 29)? If so, what are the fares? I have also heard cars are not insured if you take the car on the ferry. Is this true, but if not, how much for a car on the ferry? Advice and help most appreciated.

Durham
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

It probably won't be running by 29 May and would take 2 days. Much better to use your car and drive.

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

Currently it is questionable if the coastal ferry Rijeka-Dubrovnik will running at all any more due to the lack of passengers.

it is faster and cheaper to drive on this trip. You need about 9 hours by car and ferry takes 24 hrs.

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
5,612 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

It usually starts 1st June and ends 30th September.

4. Re: Ferry Dubrovnik to Rijeka in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:18