We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik Hotel

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Dubrovnik Hotel

We are looking for a moderately priced hotel (relatively speaking for the area) for two nights on our own before we start an organized tour of Croatia that begins with two nights at Dubrovnik Palace. We would like to be within walking distance of restaurants which seems to preclude the Berkeley Hotel (one we were investigating). Others we have looked at are Hotel Perla and Hotel Zagreb. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

If you want to try something a bit different, and which you get much for your money than a hotel, why not rent an apartment? Here you go: https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/dubrovnik… just type in the dates. Also, there's adriatic-home.com/Croatia/…Dubrovnik

London
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

We based ourselves at Hotel Lero this summer. It was fine, comfortable and very clean but don't bother to eat there. There are good restaurants within walking distance which, unfortunately, we didn't know at the time of booking.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

Agreed that you should look into an apartment....I guess I wonder why people would pay a high price for a hotel room when they are never really there?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

Reply to barrymanilow: Yes, and you can save more money by cooking your own food in an apartment. "Complimentary breakfast" is never free, it's included in the price of the hotel room.

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

So, I bring groups to the area and Nevada traveller when in the year were you thinking? Moderate priced between now and April, will not mean the same between May and September. Funny you mentioned hotel Zagreb as I took a tour through it just last October and liked it..The location is in a quiter area, the main entrance comes in off a pedestrian only street, 2 minutes walk to the bay for swimming, 2 minutes walk the other way and a short 7-10 minute bus ride to the Pile gate and old town Dubrovnik. Prices should be in the 60-100 Euro range double with full bfast but again season depending. Another beauty 4 star, Zagreb is 3 would be Hotel Lapad, old world style realy pleasant stayed there this summer can highly recomend it but expect double the previous price but again season depending. We have used Lero, Vis, and all those call it tourist group hotels, yes sometime for budget restraints and quick in and out group travel they do the job. but seeing you have 2 days alone before entering a group tour I would spoil myself a bit!

Edited: 11 December 2013, 05:58
Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

Peter,

Thanks for your comments. We have been debating between Hotel Perla and Hotel Zagreb (not to far from each other). We did look at Hotel Lapad. Our tour is staying at Dubrovnik Palace so I think that is a few steps up in stars. We were planning on a day trip to Mostar and surrounding area on our free day before the tour. Also we will be traveling by train from Salzburg to Zagreb for one night to catch the plane to Dubrovnik. Is the hotel Dubrovnik in Zagreb near the train station? If not, do you have a recommendation.

Thanks,

Jim

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

Yes the hotel Dubrovnik which we use alot is as you probably know city centre right on the main square!

Its only about a 5 minute cab ride to the train station seeing that you wii have luggage with you, would not want to walk it but if your flexible you can go by tram which is in front of train station and of course ball tram lines converge at main square facing Hotel Dubrovnik! Any yep palace in Dubrovnik is up there on the hoghest rung of the ladder!!! Who is your tour company..Original World?

8. Re: Dubrovnik Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik