We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Dubrovnik

Boston
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Transportation in Dubrovnik

Hi!

My wife and I will be on Carnival Liberty Cruise in August. I would like to know 1. which harbor does this cruise dock? Gruz Harbor or Old Harbor? 2. If it is docking at Gruz Harbor, is it easy to take bus to go to the old town or use taxi? cost?? 3. If it is docking at Old Harbor, is it a walking distance to the old town? Thank you!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,034 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation in Dubrovnik

I think your ship could end up in either place...if it ends up in Gruz you would have to take a taxi or take the bus....take the 1A or 1B bus and it will take you to Pile gate which is the last stop...which is right at old town. The bus ride will be in kuna so you would have to get kuna before boarding the bus. I think the bus would cost you about 10 kuna..or about two dollars. if you took a taxi it would be a lot more expensive than that. Usually there are little kiosks all over the place to purchase bus tickets, but you might have to exchange your money first. The bus ride will be about five to ten minutes and then you will be able to explore the old town. If your ship stops at old town then there isnt a problem with how to get there. good luck!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation in Dubrovnik

Hi! Barrymanillow. Thank you! This is very helpful.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
446 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation in Dubrovnik

I just returned from Dubrovnik...many ships docked at the Old Harbor, but, I can't be certain if Liberty was one of them. If so, you will be right where you need to be. If it docks in Gruz, the buses are really easy and most of the lines go to Pile gate. You will need kuna, tho (as Manilow said)...it's 10 kuna or 8 kuna if you buy at the kiosk.

I suspect you will dock at the Old Harbor, though. You will love it!! And be sure to walk the walls!!

4. Re: Transportation in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik