We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
39 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Dubrovnik

My husband and I will be staying in Dubrovnik in early July for 3 nights. We're a young couple hoping to do some sightseeing, shopping, and just enjoying the culture and nightlife. What neighborhood would be central for us to look for a hotel or B&B?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

I say either in the Ploce area which will give you some great views of the Old Town...or inside the walls itself as long as you can get far enough away from the busiest streets. Make sure you look for air conditioning though as it will be very very hot in July......of the two areas I think Ploce is better but it will entail walking some stairs to get the awesome views.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

We have found that renting an apartment suits us much better than being in a hotel, and is even more cost effective. Check Dubrovnik Apartment Source. We will be back to a lovely apartment inside the city.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Pirate...where in the Old Town do you stay?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/page.asp…

We were there during the volcanic eruption, the owner could not have been more helpful as we needed an extra day; we really did not know how many at first. Also, at that time Cameron, Andrija and Mia at D'Vino had us under their wings and we were well looked after. We will miss that group next week.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Are they not at D'vino anymore?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Cameron died, heart attack maybe?, just after we left. This was tragic. We, as fellow Canadians, had enjoyed many chats with him, and both Andrija and Mia " adopted" us and made us feel so welcome. We understand there is a new owner, reviews are good, my nephew and his friend spent time there last year on my recommendation and loved it. I'll post a review by the end of next week.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,619 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

I was on google earth maps using street view and I came across an apartment that had a good view of the Old Town so I looked it up and it looks ok...its called apartments Ingrid and its up the street from the cable car so a pretty good location and down below would be the Old Town and Banje Beach...take a look.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g295371…

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Airbnb have good apartments. I stayed it one from Airbnb and was very central and clean and cosy with a friendly host.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Your best choice to find an apartment is contact Michele and Andrew from Dubrovnik apartment source. You will find they have accurate and up to date details about all the apartments offered. No other site gives an total step count to reach many with a view. Staying near or under the cable car is not a great option as it does run often and there is a noise factor involved.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource.com/

Level Contributor
8,637 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in Dubrovnik

Highly reocmmend Celenga Apartments. They are in the most charming neighborhood in the Old Town on a quiet street. The management is excellent and they are in a historic building but completely newly restored. We stayed in their independent apartment last year but for your needs the main building would work. We also checked with Dubrovnik Apartment Source but they did not have what we needed but were very helpful and professional. I would say for just three nights Celenga may be better as it is operated like a hotel but they are apartments....so there is a lobby type desk and no special arrangements need to be made for check in/out etc. or extra fees sometimes associated with apartments. Old Town is very unique at night after the day trippers and cruisers have left...they actually miss the best part of the day as they leave. Good luck.