We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in dubrovnik

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
290 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in dubrovnik

Hi there,

I am going to dubrovnik with my friends from the 5th july for 10 days. We were thinking not to stay the whole 10 days in dubrovnik but spend like two nights each in two other cities, maybe one in montenegro and one in Bosnia & Herzegovina. What would you recommend?

We were thinking of hiring a day for our stay and travel with the car.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Paul

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

How about Kotor in Montenegro and maybe Mostar in Herzegovina? Or a couple nights on Korcula is never a bad thing!

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

If you hire a car, you can make one-day excursions to Montenegro from Dubrovnik. Whilst in Dubrovnik, I wouldn't change it for one night somewhere else... Also, there's a plenty of places around to visit: you might drive to Korcula town and back in a day, to Ston (oyster orchards, great wall, traditional saltworks), Trsteno arboretum (renaissance botanical garden), take a regular shuttle boat to the Elaphiti islands (Kolocep, Lopud and Sipan), go to Mljet NP... September is excellent time to visit Dubrovnik - it's not so hot any more, and there are less tourists!

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
290 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

thanks for your suggestions. all places look so nice :))

Zagreb, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

:) Enjoy your stay!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

Although I love Dubrovnik (that's where I was born), I would still try to explore as much a possible as the entire region is great and maybe even get to see Hvar and Split. Staying there at least one or two nights is recommended

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
290 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

I made the following plan - what do you think? any suggestions? :)

4 nights in Dubrovnik (5th july to 9th july)

Visit: Korcula town, Ston, Trsteno arboretum, shuttle boat to the Elaphiti islands (Kolocep, Lopudand Sipan), mljet national park, lokrum island

Car hire starting from the 8th morning

1 night in Hvar (take ferry from split) - 9th july

2 nights in Mostar (from 10th july to 12th july)

Visit also: Kravice waterfalls

3 nights in Kotor (12th july to 15th july)

Visit also: Perast (closed to cars), boka bay, Lovcen National Park and Njegos Mausoleum

Maribor, Slovenia
Level Contributor
223 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

Mostar & Kotor are 1 day trips if you have a tight plan. Save the other days for Korcula, Ston, Peljesac. Check with the car rental if you can atke your car to Mostar

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

From Ston, drive another few kms to Prapratno, where you can take the car ferry to Mljet. It is possible to do a day trip to Mljet with the car ferry, because the ferry has more departure times from Prapratno than the passenger catamaran from Dubrovnik. Do this when you leave Dubrovnik on the way to Split. Ston is a couple of hours from Dubrovnik, off the coastal highway.

St. Paul's Bay...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo
Level Contributor
290 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

thanks for the tips :)

10. Re: 10 days in dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 13:35