We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

My friend and I (47 and 53 yrs) are wondering whether to go to Dubrovnik for 5 days in July. We basically want to chill out, lay by a pool or wander the shops and sights, and go out at night to decent. busy bars, maybe live music or dancing. Is this the place for us or can you recommend somewhere else?

Thanks!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,948 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

I think it's a good choice and there always seems to be something going on at night. Not sure about sitting around at a pool though with the Adriatic right there...other possibilities if not Dubrovnik are Split and maybe somewhere along the Makarska Riviera!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
59 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

I just came back from Dubrovnik this morning and thought it was full of life, day and night. The locals said that what we witnessed was nothing comparing to the summer, as the city is coming even more to life and many concerts and festivals are on, indoors and mainly outdoors. If I am not mistaken, there will be a theatre festival in July in which plays will be performed everywhere around the old town for 10 days or so, many in English. Beyond that, there are plenty of bars over there - local, winebars and even an Irish bar, all open late at night, my favorite is the Troubador, a tiny place which presents live Jazz music every night.

Anna

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Thank you for taking time to post, I am very relieved the night life is good maybe we can sunbathe somewhere else if the hotel doesn't have a pool. Would you recommend staying in or out the old town?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,948 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Banje Beach is not too far from the Old Town...I would suggest something in the Ploce area if you are looking at apartments. If hotel I would say stay near the Old Town so you don't have to worry about hopping on and off buses to get to the Old Town from Lapad or something else further out.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

The Dubrovnik Summer Festival takes place from 10 July - 25 Aug. This means that Dubrovnik will be bursting at the seams! To view the programme go to www.dubrovnik-festival.hr/en/agenda

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

The Dubrovnik summer festival opens on 10 July and ends on 25 August for a grand total of 47 days of musical events located in 19 separate venues in the town. If you are planning to visit Dubrovnik during this time, the website can assist you.

…dubrovnik-festival.hr/dubrovnik-summer-fest…

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Dubrovniktravelady - Great minds think alike!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Danny we must have posted at the same time. Great minds, of course!

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

So if we stayed in the old town would it be possible to walk to a beach for sunbathing?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
46,948 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Dubrovnik good for night life?

Banje Beach is well within walking distance out the Ploce Gate. It's a great place to swim amd sunbathe with the Old Town walls in view!

Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik