We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

Birmingham
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

Only a few weeks to go to my holiday and my back is playing up, therefore I cant walk very far so I'm now looking at staying somewhere which is near to numerous bars and restaurants and not too far to a beach. Not many hotels Ive looked at give a very good description of the immediate vicinity around them so I'm looking for a recommendation please. A hotel with a swimming pool would be ok if a beach isnt nearby. I'm mainly looking not to get bored as normally we would walk around a city a lot so we need to be kept occupied . Help !

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
47,047 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

How about the Hilton?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

I'll take a look. Sounds like an expensive one though but I might have to bite the bullet and pay for the conveniences I will need. Thanks

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

Hilton, Excelsior, Pucic Palace, Stari Grad...even Bellevue. All nice properties close to Old Town and bars, restaurants

Birmingham
Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

Thanks for your suggestions. Ive ended up booking the Dubrovnik Palace which I now realise is in the Lapad area. I might have made a mistake though, is this near any bars and restaurants ?, I mis-read your reply. We will be arriving from Cavtat by boat to Dubrovnik then will get a taxi to the Dubrovnik Palace. I realise now that we have to get a bus or taxi to get to Dubrovnik old town but I think I can manage it. Is the Palace hotel close to Hotel More (which I think is in Lapad too ) as I want to go to their Cave Bar ?

5. Re: Hotel near lots of restaurants/bars please -Bad back problem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Dubrovnik