We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short port stop in Dubrovnik

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Short port stop in Dubrovnik

Hello! We are on a cruise with a port stop in Dubrovnik arriving at 12N and leaving at 8pm. Considering that we are able to get off the ship before 1pm and we have to be back on the ship by say, 6pm....do we have enough time to walk around the walls, stroll downtown Stradun and take the cable car to Mt Srd? Are buses or taxis available at the port terminal? Approximately what is the cost?

Thanks for any suggestion/input.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Short port stop in Dubrovnik

Taxis will be waiting at the port for the short trip to town. The fare is 75 Kuna or 10 Euros, yes the driver will accept Euros. However this does not mean everyone in town will accept Euros. The city wall and cable fee can be paid with debit or credit card, both entrance fees are 100 Kuna per person. Enjoy our town during your limited time.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
41,244 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short port stop in Dubrovnik

I say take the taxi to the cable car first and spend the time you need up there...then go down and walk the walls and if your time is limited don't go all the way around.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short port stop in Dubrovnik

Dubrovniktravelady.

I would think that there is an ATM within the ship terminal, correct? It helps to know what the fare cost so that I can plan the amount to take out of the ATM.

Thank you and we're looking forward to a wonderful, short stay in Dubrovnik.

Edited: 09 May 2014, 06:21
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short port stop in Dubrovnik

@barrymanilow, thank you.

I'm curious if it's really worthwhile to go up to Mt Srd. I've read it has stunning views. If plans change, perhaps not do it all; am I missing something?

5. Re: Short port stop in Dubrovnik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2015, 05:17