We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

Please could anyone explain if the cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway are one of the same thing or 2 different things? many thanks

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

Here is the website for our cable car. Perhaps someone can define "ropeway" for me, since I have not heard this word associated with our cable car. I hope this answers your question.

http://www.dubrovnikcablecar.com/

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

I had never head that word before either but on trip advisor they have ropeway as an attraction..

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g295371-d1…

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

Thank you for your help and the link. There are 2 distinctly different enteries on the things to do in Dubrovnik site. Number 4 is Dubrovnik Cable Car Frana Supila 35a and the other is number 6 Mount Srdj Ropeway Dubrovnik. We have 3 days in Dubrovnik and I am trying to plan ahead so that we can maximise our time and there will be a difference in planning if these are indeed 2 separate things. Any suggestions welcome.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
40,133 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

In reading the reviews it seems that the ropeway talks about the walk up to Mt Srdj up the trail....not sure there is any other difference.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

There is no difference, someone started a post and decided to call it the Mt Srd ropeway. I read the entire posting and it refers to the path to walk up the mountain as a ropeway. How they got an address of Frana Suplia 5 is beyond me, as there is nothing in that area except a car rental office and a cell provider named VIP. Why this walking path is called a ropeway is strange indeed, but it really should be named the unpaved goat path. This walk up the mountain is strenuous and would take an easy hour or so, and finding the begin spot is also difficult. This is definitely not two separate things to do, we only have one cable car and one path up the hill.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

many thanks indeed for your help in clarifying this for me

7. Re: Cable car and Mount Srdj ropeway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21