We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm confused.......

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I'm confused.......

Sorry to appear so stupid, but I'm confused, coming to Dubrovnik mid July for 3 days, want to stay in a hotel/guest house near the old town, I keep coming across places that say they are in ,Cavat, and only a small way from the airport, have been quoted 50 kuna for airport to hotel transfers to properties in Cavat, then ive been quotes €35 transfer to a property in Dubrovnic, but is Cavat near the old town, can anyone advise me please, example any reason to stay in Cavat over Dubrovnik it's self

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,127 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm confused.......

Cavtat is near the Airport but not close to Old Town.....a good twenty minute or so drive from the Old Town...don't get an apartment in Cavtat if you want to be near the Old Town.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 14:23
Sibenik, Croatia
Level Contributor
73 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm confused.......

Difference between price of apartments in Cavtat and Dubrovnik is significant. You should add on that paying for parking in the old town.(aroud 15 kn for an hour).......

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm confused.......

Why don't you try using google maps to see the locations of the two places and figure out from there where you want to stay?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,127 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm confused.......

Cavtat will be lots more quiet but would entail taking the bus or boat to get to Dubrovnik itself.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
2,094 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm confused.......

It is quiet here, unless you are staying in the flight path.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,508 posts
542 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm confused.......

We were there last October. We stayed in CAVTAT....and even tho we had a car......we took the bus to Dubrovnik and the boat back.

This was at the end of an 8 week jaunt that incl. a week in Paris, a week in Hmaburg,two plus weeks in Slovenia and then 3 plus weeks in Croatia, incl Mostar and Sarajevo.

For us.......Cavtat was fine!

ENJOY.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
37,127 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm confused.......

But if you want to be near the Old Town Cavtat is a very poor choice!

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm confused.......

Some of the booking sites for rooms or apartments, have a map option that's what we used and picked 4 winners. All in the Palace or within walking distance from harbor in Hvar.

9. Re: I'm confused.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:16