We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

language question

Which Dubrovnik hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Topic
language question

How do you say "Is it possible to stop near Dubrovnik airport?"in croatian?

zagreb
Level Contributor
881 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: language question

" Možete stati pored aerodroma "

Zagreb, Croatia
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: language question

Is it a question for a taxi driver? Why don't you simply ask in English?

bristol
Level Contributor
11 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: language question

I haven't come across anyone who didn't speak English (just got back from Croatia), I don't think you'll have any problems

Helsinki, Finland
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: language question

We took a bus from Dubrovnik to Kotor and the only word the nice older driver knew was "passport". We are heading back to Dubrovnik tomorrow and would like to ask the driver if he could drop us off near the airport even though the bus does not officially stop there. On our way here the bus made some extra stops, that is why we got the idea. Thanks for the replies.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: language question

If you have a smart phone download a translator app. I use google translate on my Samsung which has an offline function. Husband uses a different one on his iphone 5.

Los Altos Hills, CA
Level Contributor
747 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: language question

We did not encounter a single person in the tourism business who didn't speak excellent English.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
35,522 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: language question

In my times in Croatia I think the only ones who didn't seem to know much English were the bus drivers.

8. Re: language question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16